The European Association of Geochemistry (EAG) and the Geochemical Society (GS) have decided to support the African Initiative for Planetary and Space Sciences. This starting grant will allow us to run at least two workshops in 2018, and hopefully more when more sponsors decide to joint our project.
The Steering committee is composed of
- Mamdouh ADEEM, Egypt, firstname.lastname@example.org
National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences Egypt. Cairo (Egypt)
- David BARATOUX, France, email@example.com
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement, Toulouse, France.
Institut Fondamental d’Afrique Noire Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar, Senegal
- Roger GIBSON, South Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Witwatersrand School of Geosciences Wits (South Africa)
- Maram KAIRE, Senegal, email@example.com
President of ASPA (Senegalese Association for the Promotion of Astronomy), P.I. Space Bus – Senegal
Technical Adviser of the Minister of Higher Education and Research of Senegal.
- Suniti KARUNATILLAKE, U.S.A, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Professor, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Meriem El YAJOURI, Morocco, email@example.com
Ph.D. student from Morocco, Paris Observatory
P.I. of Space Bus – Morocco
- Bernard NJOM, Cameroun, firstname.lastname@example.org
Université de Yaoundé.
Pierre ROCHETTE, France, email@example.com
CEREGE, Aix En Provence 13545 (France)
The steering committee will now work on several tasks, including:
– Preparation of the official document of the call for participation to this initiative
– Nomination of the members of the scientific advisory committee and education/outreach committee
– Elaboration of the documents defining the roles of each committee
The call will be issued before the end of the year and will provide all necessary information about opportunities for Africa-international collaborations in the framework of the initiative.